For family history enthusiasts who have made a lifelong commitment to pursuing the discovery, documentation, and sharing of their genealogy, NEHGS offers Life Memberships customized to meet your needs. As a community of some of the Society's most dedicated supporters, Life Members play a key role in supporting our mission to advance the study of family history in America and beyond.
I believe in philanthropy and by being a life member of NEHGS, I am able to provide consistent support to the organization that gives so much back to me. NEHGS represents the very best in genealogy and it is my privilege to be a part of it in this way.
—NEHGS Life Member Nancy Maulsby
Life Members and Life Benefactors are closely involved with the NEHGS mission to advance the study of family history in America and beyond. With personal account managers, Life Members and Life Benefactors have special access to NEHGS experts and scholarship and enjoy exclusive benefits.
For Life Members who want to share their lifelong commitment to genealogy with their spouse, we now offer Life Membership for couples. Spouses may be added to your Life Membership for half-off the regular price and enjoy all the benefits of Life Membership with you.
Benefits of Life Membership
- No longer responsible for annual dues
- 3.5 hours of expert assistance (may be applied toward a consultation with a genealogist or research-for-hire)
- $30/hour discount on expert consultations and research-for-hire
- 20% discount on books published by NEHGS
- Priority webinar and event registration
- 1-year Family Gift Membership to give to the family of your choice ($119.95 value)
- Sterling silver Life Member lapel pin
- Personalized Life Member Certificate reproduced from NEHGS historical archives
To learn more about Life Membership, contact our Member Services team at email@example.com or 1-888-296-3447.