You may request scanned pages from most resources in the American Ancestors Research Center collections. Guests and members may request scanned pages from books, periodicals, or manuscripts in our American Ancestors/NEHGS Research Center. All manuscript and rare book collection copies require authorization from our Special Collections Department.
If you do not know the title, author, or call number of the item you are requesting, please attempt a search in our online library catalog. We will not provide scanned materials for a source that is already online. Review our library catalog to see if a digitized version exists online.
American Ancestors/NEHGS members receive 25 free copies per calendar year. (This excludes oversize copies.)
For requests from Guests or from members who have exceeded their 25 free copies:
- PDFs and JPEG images (suitable for research, classroom, presentations): $0.40 per image
- TIFFs (publishing quality): $12.00 per image
- Paper copies: $0.60 per copy
- Oversize copies (documents larger than 11x17): $10.00 service fee plus $5.00 per page
- Plus $10.00 service fee per every 50 copies. Maximum copies provided = 250
- Plus $25.00 research fee if research is required to locate the information to copy (maximum of one hour of research)
Requests are generally completed within 2-8 weeks from receipt, depending on the nature of the item being copied and the overall volume of requests.