Subscribe now to NEHGS's journal of pilgrim genealogy and history
Mayflower Descendant—a journal of Pilgrim genealogy and history—is one of the most highly respected scholarly journals in the field of genealogy.
The journal is published twice per year, in winter and summer. Each issue is approximately 100 pages plus an annual every-name index in summer.
The result of an agreement with the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants (MSMD), the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) has assumed a ten-year stewardship of the venerable journal the Mayflower Descendant.
First published in 1899 by George Ernest Bowman, founder of the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, which published the journal until 2014, the Mayflower Descendant has long been a highly regarded source of scholarship relating to Mayflower families and related genealogies, their origins in England, and their lives and places of residence in America, from the earliest settlements to their migrations north and westward. Under NEHGS, the Mayflower Descendant will continue to be a significant source of genealogical and historical scholarship and will maintain the Descendant’s historic standards.
Topics to be explored in forthcoming issues:
- Further genealogical analysis of Pilgrim families in New England and their origins in England and the Netherlands.
- Towns in Plymouth Colony, England, and the Netherlands with which Pilgrims are associated (similar to items in The Great Migration Newsletter).
- Genealogical summaries of families in eastern Massachusetts into which Mayflower descendants married, with which they were often associated, or which bore Pilgrim surnames.
- Mayflower families beyond the fifth generation, often in locations beyond eastern Massachusetts (the “Mayflower diaspora”).
- Further record transcription from eastern Massachusetts or from areas into which Mayflower descendants moved.
Volume 69, Number 1, Winter 2021
John Wade of Massachusetts and John Wade of Nova Scotia: Are They the Same Man?
Bonnie Wade Mucia
Ancestry and History of Philip Delano, Born Philippe de Lannoy: Further Findings about the de Lannoy and Mahieu Families
Notable Mayflower Descendants: Senator Tammy Duckworth
The English Origins of Job, John, Daniel, and Ruth Cole
William E. Cole
Eastham and Truro [Mass.] Town Records, 1671–1783 (continued from Vol. 68 : 76)
Jane Clarke: A Strong Woman
William E. Cole
Additions and Corrections to MD 67 (2019): 138 and MD 68 (2020): 129
Review of the Family of Experience Mitchell
Barbara Lambert Merrick
Scott Andrew Bartley