Subscribe now to NEHGS's journal of pilgrim genealogy and history
Mayflower Descendant—a journal of Pilgrim genealogy and history—is one of the most highly respected scholarly journals in the field of genealogy.
The journal is published twice per year, in winter and summer. Each issue is approximately 100 pages plus an annual every-name index in summer.
The result of an agreement with the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants (MSMD), the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) has assumed a ten-year stewardship of the venerable journal the Mayflower Descendant.
First published in 1899 by George Ernest Bowman, founder of the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, which published the journal until now, the Mayflower Descendant has long been a highly regarded source of scholarship relating to Mayflower families and related genealogies, their origins in England, and their lives and places of residence in America, from the earliest settlements to their migrations north and westward. Under NEHGS, the Mayflower Descendant will continue to be a significant source of genealogical and historical scholarship and will maintain the Descendant’s historic standards.
Topics to be explored in forthcoming issues:
- Further genealogical analysis of Pilgrim families in New England and their origins in England and Holland.
- Towns in Plymouth Colony, England, and Holland with which Pilgrims are associated (similar to items in The Great Migration Newsletter).
- Genealogical summaries of families in eastern Massachusetts into which Mayflower descendants married, with which they were often associated, or which bore Pilgrim surnames.
- Mayflower families beyond the fifth generation, often in locations beyond eastern Massachusetts (the “Mayflower diaspora”).
- Further record transcription from eastern Massachusetts or from areas into which Mayflower descendants moved.
Volume 66, Number 1, Winter 2018
The Day Journal of Rev. Daniel Lewis of Pembroke, Massachusetts (1747-1749) (continued from Volume 65:131)
Mary Blauss Edwards
Experience Mitchell and Jane Cooke's Son Thomas
Stoughton [Mass.] Marriages, 1727-1851 (continued from Volume 65:72)
David Allen Lambert
Extending the Hurst Ancestry of Mayflower Passenger Joan (Hurst) (Rogers) Tilley
The Children of Mehitable Allyn5 and Joseph Spaulding of Killingly, Conn.
Eldon Wilson Gay
William Brewster's Subterfuge
Louise Walsh Throop
Nathaniel Negus Davidson8 (1792-after 1860) - A Billington Line
John Bradley Arthaud
The Parents of Esther (Dyer) Flanders (1790-1876) of Braintree, Vermont, and Livingston County, New York: A Matrilineal Priscilla Mullins Descent
Michael Sean Dunn
Scott Andrew Bartley
Notable Mayflower Descendants: Benedict Cumberbatch