Help us educate, inspire and connect family historians
To advance the study of family history in America and beyond, the New England Historic Genealogical Society educates, inspires, and connects people through our scholarship, collections, and expertise. We are supported by more than 80 employees and hundreds of dedicated volunteers, serving 25,000 members and 160,000 total constituents. Our jobs span a broad range of careers, from entry-level to professional, including genealogical research, publishing, library science, curatorial, internet technology, finance, information systems, development, sales, education, and member services.
For immediate consideration to any of our open staff positions, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Michelle Major, Human Resources Coordinator, New England Historic Genealogical Society, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Services Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The full-time Member Services Representative fills a key role on our seven person member services team, supporting our organizational mission to advance the understanding of family history in America and beyond. The member services team focuses on building strong relationships with our members and developing those relationships over time. The hours of this full-time position are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00–5:00.
Primary responsibilities include providing customer service support to NEHGS members by phone, email, and in-person interactions, processing of customer orders for new and renewing memberships, and preparing materials for a variety of member services communications. As part of an innovative and solution-oriented team, this position contributes to member services marketing and stewardship initiatives, as well as identifies potential ways to improve website usability based on member feedback.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support Visitor Services, the front-facing first point of contact for all members and visitors to our library headquarters, by covering the front desk during breaks. This includes handling bookstore sales, signing in visitors, and orienting visitors to the library.
- Schedule introductory tours of the research library
- Participate in occasional NEHGS education or development events as needed
- Enthusiasm for helping people
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a professional environment
- Ability to work in a team as well as accomplish projects independently
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire to contribute to a team with the potential to take on increased responsibilities
- Microsoft Office and Windows computer proficiency
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and by phone
- Familiarity with CRM database software, data entry software, and/or email marketing services (such as Constant Contact) is a plus
The NEHGS Member Services Team is vital to the growth and support of a 172-year old institution as we develop our constituent base in an exciting time to be working in the field of family history.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Michelle Major, HR Coordinator at email@example.com by March 22, 2017. Please include your last name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.