Help us educate, inspire and connect family historians
To advance the study of family history in America and beyond, the New England Historic Genealogical Society educates, inspires, and connects people through our scholarship, collections, and expertise. We are supported by more than 80 employees and hundreds of dedicated volunteers, serving 25,000 members and 160,000 total constituents. Our jobs span a broad range of careers, from entry-level to professional, including genealogical research, publishing, library science, curatorial, internet technology, finance, information systems, development, sales, education, and member services.
For immediate consideration to any of our open staff positions, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Michelle Major, Human Resources Coordinator, New England Historic Genealogical Society, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Services Coordinator
NEHGS is seeking a full time Research Services Coordinator for our busy Research Services department.
Basic Function of the Position:
Multi-tasking in a busy time sensitive office, this position will respond to research requests via email and telephone in a timely manner. Excellent clerical skills are required as well as knowledge of Excel, Mail-Merge, CRM software, PayPal, and Web Content Management Software (Ektron). This position requires excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette in dealing with patrons as well as written communication skills.
- Maintain proper, positive, and respectful communication with past and future prospective clients via email, telephone, and in person meetings.
- Primary contact for all communication with clients in regards to research, billing, paperwork, questions, and concerns, which includes email, mail, phone, and voicemail.
- Maintain Sage, the Development log, and Research Services log in an organized and clear manner.
- Oversee organization of research logs; assist with time management and productivity.
- Collaborate, share and provide status updates with development, membership and other departments to ensure a strong communication between departments.
- Oversee the organization, filling, and storing of past archived cases. Assist volunteers with the scanning process.
- Order all microfilm/records/etc. for clients and/or researchers.
- Maintain customer contact during the research process through email updates and phone correspondence.
Education/Experience level for the Position:
Skill Level for the Position:
Computer skills; with emphasis in Excel, Mail-Merge, CRM software, PayPal, Web Content Management Software (Ektron). Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains. Customer service experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by April 28, 2017 to; Michelle Major, Human Resources Coordinator; email@example.com. No phone calls please.