The reseach center photocopy service has resumed operations. With a limited number of staff working on-site during the COVID-19 emergency, there may be a delay in fulfilling requests. Please continue to submit your requests as usual. Thank you.
If there is a book, periodical, or manuscript from the American Ancestors Research Center collections which you would like to view, you may request a photocopy of pages from that item. Guests and members may request copies of articles from periodicals and pages from books. Manuscript and Rare Book Collection copies are available to American Ancestors/NEHGS members.
American Ancestors members receive 25 free copies from published books, periodicals, and microfilms per calendar year. This excludes oversize copies, manuscripts, and rare books.
Non-members or members that have exceeded their 25 free copies pay the following rates:
- PDFs and JPEG images (suitable for research, classroom, presentations): $0.40 per image
- TIFFs (publishing quality): $12.00 per image
- Paper copies (includes S&H): $0.60 per copy
- Oversize copies (documents larger than 11x17): $10.00 service fee plus $5.00 per page
- Plus $10.00 service fee per every 50 copies. Maximum copies provided = 250
- Plus $100 research fee for members and $120 for non-members, if research time is required to locate information in the source to copy (maximum of one hour of research). You will be contacted ahead of time if we determine that more research is required.
Note: We will not provide copies of material that is already available online. Check the Library Catalog to see if a digitized version of the title exists, or to check the title, author, or call number of the source.
Requests are generally completed within 2-8 weeks from receipt, depending on the nature of the item being copied and the overall volume of requests.