The photocopy service has resumed operations. With a limited number of staff working on-site during the COVID-19 emergency, there may be a delay in fulfilling requests.
Please continue to submit your requests as usual. Thank you.
If there is a book, periodical, or manuscript from the NEHGS Library collections which you would like to view, you may request a photocopy of pages from that item. Guests and members may request copies of articles from periodicals and pages from books. Manuscript and Rare Book Collection copies are available to American Ancestors/NEHGS members.
To place a request, please complete the form below. If you do not know the title, author, or call number, please try searching in our online library catalog.
NEHGS members receive 25 free copies per calendar year. (This excludes oversize copies.)
For requests from Guests or from members who have exceeded their 25 free copies:
- PDFs and JPEG images (suitable for research, classroom, presentations): $0.40 per image
- TIFFs (publishing quality): $12.00 per image
- Paper copies: $0.60 per copy
- Oversize copies (documents larger than 11x17): $10.00 service fee plus $5.00 per page
- Plus $10.00 service fee per every 50 copies. Maximum copies provided = 250
- Plus $25.00 research fee if research is required to locate the information to copy (maximum of one hour of research)
Requests are generally completed within 2-8 weeks from receipt, depending on the nature of the item being copied and the overall volume of requests.