Virtual Preservation Roadshow: Documents, Bound Volumes, & Photographs
Presented by Experts at American Ancestors
Is your closet full of boxes of old family photographs? Is your basement bursting with letters, diaries, and other documents from your family history research? Do you have scrapbooks that you want to make sure are around for generations to come? Chances are you have a stack of family papers and photo albums tucked away that you don’t know what to do with. This virtual preservation roadshow will teach you best practices for surveying, handling, and storing family materials and provide you with expert advice on how to care for items in your collection.
In addition to reviewing how-to videos, participants will be able to submit a photo(s) of one item from their collection and receive advice from our archivists and conservator. Submitted items may include: photographs, albums, scrapbooks, bound volumes, diaries, certificates, and other documents.
- Access to 3+ hours’ worth of instructional video, handouts, and articles
- Personalized advice from a qualified archivist or conservator on one family item
- View a gallery of submitted items and expert advice
- Special discounts and virtual door prizes
- Live Q&A with instructors and a selection of submitted items for a “roadshow”
- Extended access to materials, recordings, and other materials