The Campaign for NEHGS
Website & Technology Initiative
As America’s founding genealogical society and the nation’s leading source for high quality comprehensive family history services, NEHGS is developing and implementing a website transformation based on the Technology cornerstone in our Strategic Plan, 2013–2018. This transformation will provide constituents with a competitive offering of online experiences and databases that supplement our industry-leading service model of educating, inspiring, and connecting people through our scholarship, collections, and expertise.
Campaign contributions have already enabled the launch of our Online Learning Center. As additional philanthropy is committed, we will expand our scope of work to inspire and engage new audiences. Whether through increased production of materials serving increasingly diverse audiences as well as traditional constituents, or the creation of myriad online programs to support researchers, our goal remains that of providing our users with the best genealogical scholarship and content available.
Current initiatives include:
- Search Improvement – Enhance functionality of record searches
- Design Update – Improve usability of the website
- E-commerce Enhancements – Implement an enterprise-level online store tool
- Business Systems Compatibility – Create compatibility between website, accounting, and member services systems
- Record Additions – Substantially increase the number of searchable records