VITAL RECORDS OF LYNNFIELD MASSACHUSETTSTO THE YEAR 1850
PUBLISHED BY THE ESSEX INSTITUTE
This town, originally a part of Lynn and known as " Lynn
End," was established as a district July 3,1782, and incorporated
as a town Feb. 28, 1814. The boundary line between Lynnfield
and North Reading was established, and a part of each town
annexed to the other town, May 27, 1857.
The population of Lynnfield at different periods was as follows :
1790,491; 1820,596; 1850,1723;
1800,468; 1830,617; 1905, 797.
The following records of births, marriages and deaths include
all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town
clerks; in the church records; and in the cemetery inscriptions.
These records are printed in a condensed form in which every
essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the
town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry
and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses
are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate
the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Lynnfield and Massachusetts are
named in the original records, they are given hi the printed
copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under
the names of both parties. In all records the original spelling of
names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the vari-
ous forms should be examined, as items about the same family
may be found under different spellings.