American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
David Wentwoth
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Eileen Pelletier 1
Some say David's middle name is Arnold. This David was born in Milton Strafford County NH 1819. His parents were Thomas Wentworth and Olive "Wentworth" Wentworth. He is living in Lawrence Ma. 1850-60 and some of 1870, the last of his existence was in Fall River Ma. 1876. He was a plasterer and a Stone Mason by trade. He was belonged to the  Masons. His wife was Lydia Cushing "Durgin" Wentworth, they were married in Boston around 1841. Lydia says she is a widow in 1880 when living in Camden Knox county Maine with 2 sons and a daughter. I cannot find when and where he died, a long time ago and I'm 77 I heard a family member talking, said this David did not die a natural death, I took it be a murder or an accident. David 1819 was in the Civil War, either the 2nd. or 3rd.Ma. Cavalry, Rank was a Corporal. He is not to be confused with his son David Russell Wentworth 1849-1931. Is there anyway I could find out what happened to him? I'd really like to know no matter what the cause. Thank you if you can help me and thank you if you can not. Eileen Gloria Pelletier, this David was my 2 times great-grandfather. PS Lydia died in 1898 Woburn Ma. and is buried in the Bellevue Cemetery.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society