American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
GRAY, Viola B.
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Hillary M

Hello,

I am a new member of NEHGS and I'm hoping that by becoming a member of this great community I will be able to discover some information on my family that I have been unable to discover on my own.

I have searched high and low for information pertaining to my Great-Grandmother Viola B. Gray.

Here is what little I do know about her:

I first find her on the 1900 US Federal Census for Rising Sun, Cecil County MD living with her husband Charles A. GREEN and a servant Edith MCGOLDRICK.  Viola and Charles state they have been married for one year.  Viola gives her birth date as FEB 1881 in MD. Viola is listed as being 19years old and Charles is listed as being 23 years old. 

I next find Viola and Charles on the 1910 US Federal Census for West Grove, Chester County PA. They are living in a home with their three sons; Charles L, LeRoy and Roman in addition to four Italian immigrant boarders.

Charles and Viola state they have been married for 11 years.  Viola's age is given as 27 and Charles age is given as 37.  Viola's birthplace is given as PA.

I have been unable to find Charles or Viola in anyother Census records and I have been unable to locate a marriage record for them.  Because Violas birth place is given as two differentstates I have not been able to find a birth record.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society