American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Emerson Dunton of Barre, MA
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Sandra Dahlfred

Does anyone know what became of Emerson Dunton, son ofBenjamin and Betsy Dunton of Barre and brother of Sylvanus?  Sylvanus, whose life is well-documented, wasborn on August 8, 1808 in Barre, Mass.  At least one source lists Emerson’s birth asAugust 18, 1808 (10 days later) in Hubbardston. I find no further information about Emerson.  Clearly there is a problem with the DOB forone of the children – were they twins?  Werethey born a year apart?  Were there reallytwo births or are they actually duplicate entries?  I’m trying to track down an ancestor bornaround the same time, who appears to have sprung from nowhere.  I’d like to prove or disprove that my JoelDunton and Emerson Dunton are actually the same person.  One of Joel’s grandsons is named Emerson andmy family also has a tradition of calling people by their middle names so Ihave more than just the approximate DOB as evidence.  Thanks for any information anyone might haveconcerning either man.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society