American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Perrigo
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Roseanne Norwood

I am researching a "new family member." I recently found out that my great-grandfather's father was a man that we had never heard of before. His name was Charles H. Perrigo and this is what I know about him:

·      Charles H. Perrigo was born in Bucksville, SouthCarolina in 1857 (according to his children’s birth records)

·      In the 1880 federal census he was living in thehousehold of a Daniel Barta in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts as was hisfuture wife, Agnes M. Jameson Perrigo (Born 1861 in Stropshire, England).

·      Charles and Agnes were married and they had ason named Charles W. Perrigo on July 20, 1881.

·      They also had two daughters: Maud AdelaidePerrigo (born February 2, 1883 and died March 23, 1883 in Boston) and AgnesPerrigo (born March 11, 1886 and died July 31, 1886 in Boston).

·      After the death of their daughter Agnes in 1886, I do not findany further record of Charles H. Perrigo.

I doknow that Agnes thereafter married a man somewhat her senior, Henry E. Cook(born 1848 in British East India) who was a photographer.  The next time I find Agnes and Henry is whentheir first child, Harrison Cook, is born in December of 1888 in Chateaugay,New York.  Charles was living with Henryand Agnes and his name was changed to Charles W. Cook.

I would appreciate any assistance you could give me regarding this family.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society