American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Nathan Culver (1789-1832)
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Edward

I am trying to determine who the parents (and other ancestors) of my 3rd great grandfather, Nathan Culver of Bath, NH.  He was born in 1789 supposedly in Westminster, VT, lived in Bath, NH, and died in nearby Haverhill, NH, in 1832.  His (second) wife was Abigail Mary Abbott (b 1794 Haverhill, NH; d 1877 in Bath, NH) whom he married in 1819.  A millwright, Jonathan Culver, sold Nathan land in Bath (on the Wild Ammonoosuc River) in 1815, but I have been unable to determine their relationship.

My goal is to connect my line to Edward Culver, one of the original settlers of Dedham, MA.  I believe the Culvers migrated to the New London, CT, area and subsequently up the Connecticut River to VT and NH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edward H. ("Ned") Culver, Jr.

Wayland, MA

781-223-5544

User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Ann McDougal
My daughter and I have found several books on the Colver/Culver family, all available at archive.org or Open Library: Pioneer Sketches of Long Point Settlement by E.A. Owen, Colver-Culver Genealogy by Frederic Lathrop Colver, Through Three Centuries by Jesse Leonard Rosenberger. Our Colvers are descended from Edward's son John and his son Jabez. It's a fascinating family.  Ann

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society