American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Madden and Herald Northern Ireland
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Beverly Fischer

I am seeking information on the deaths of my Great grandfather and Greatgrandmother. My Grandfather was born in Northern Ireland in 1884. His Mother, Sarah Jane Herald, died sometime after. I would love to find out how and when she was born and where and when she died (my guess is she died in childbirth, but again that's only a guess). I know that sometime after that (and yes I again would love to find out when and where he was when born and when he died and how) he died. I've been told that he was a "green man " and "orange men" took away his ladder as he worked on the roof of his house. He fell and broke his neck and died. This made my Grandfather and his siblings orphans. They were all put in a Catholic Orphanage and my Grandfather came to Kearny, NJ in Hudson Co. When he came of age. The boat he came over on was the "Majestic."

I am having trouble finding information from N. Ireland and would appreciate any help or the answers to my questions.

Thanks so much

Beverly Fischer
My GGrandfather's name was Edward George Madden and my Grandfathers name was Matthew Holmes Madden. (don't know about the Holmes names, either)

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society