American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
HILL
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Allen
Moses Hill died in Athol MA in 1820. His wife, Luce, died in 1826, also in Athol. I've not been able to find any useful data online concerning his birth date and place, wedding, parents' names, and wife's maiden name, and would appreciate anyone else's insights. The material I've been able to find online without exception lacks source citations and contains impossible dates.
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Maureen

Have you checked Family Search?  Looks like this might be a daughter of Moses and Lucy Adams:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FSLD-5R3

I don't think it's the same family, though maybe distantly, but from time to time I pick away at a Hill family for a friend.  Her father was George Henry Hill b. Springfield 1925, from Clarence Francis Hill in Arlington 1898 (m. Christine Gunn), from George H. Hill b. MA abt 1854 (m. Henrietta Gately), from Eber Hill from England/came to US when he was 24 (m. Alice Casey).  There are a surprising number of conflicting records with different dates for Eber.  And there is an Abraham Hill living a parallel life with children who have the same names (even middle names) in England at the same time.  I haven't worked on it for a while so haven't figured it out yet.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society