American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Lovering, Hannah of Rockingham Co., NH
User Rank: Contributor

Created By:Virginia

Looking for parents of Hannah Lovering, who married, Kingston, NH, 23 January 1734, Daniel Young.  Daniel died 1751 and Hannah married 2nd, Samuel Tucker.

Ginny

User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Robert M.

The Newton & Dupuis Family at RootsWeb Family trees has the following:

30. i. Daniel YOUNG was born 9 Jan 1711 in Kingston NH, and died 27 March 1751 in Kingston NH. He married Hannah LOVERING, daughter of Ebenezer LOVERING and Esther DEARBORN. She was born 15 March 1724 in Hampton Falls NH.

He was child of #61 Elizabeth SLEEPER, born 1663 in Kingston, and Joseph YOUNG. her parents being 122. Aaron Sleeper and 123. Elizabeth Shaw. [Retyped from the text block; can't stand that extra html stuff.]

Given that Hannah's mother is "supposed" to be a DEARBORN, I'd check in with Our Esteemed Senior Librarian, DAVID DEARBORN, to see if this is all correct. He has ALL the Dearborns in his masterwork. I think his email still works, eh?

Best wishes.

Given that Hannah Lovering and Daniel Young married in 1734, it's not likely that this would be the Hannah, daughter of Ebenezer, who would only be 10 years old at marriage.

Because Hannah and Daniel named their first son, Samuel, I have been looking at Samuel as a possible parent candidate.  However, other than his birth, in Ipswich, MA, I'm not finding much on him.  Any clues would be welcome.  Thanks.

Ginny

User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Robert M.

Quite right IF Hannah is born 1724.

However, never discount a TYPO of transcription at the Rootsweb site. If Hannah born 1714, it becomes a real possibility.

I'd still check in with David Dearborn to at least eliminate the Ebenezer Lovering/Esther Dearborn possibility. And who knows what DD might know about the Loverings? (Certainly more than I do!)

Robert, point well taken.  I'll take a second (third, fourth?) look at the sources I have for Hannah's birth.  I have noted that Ebenezer and Esther had a son, John in 1714, then a gap until 1718, and the last children follow at two year intervals, Esther, 1718 Ebenezer, 1720; Abigail, 1722; and (possibly) Hannah, 1724.  If anyone can add to or correct this list, please feel free to do so.

In checking the probate records published in the NH State Papers, I find that Ebenezer died between the date of his will, 15 November 1723 and the date it was proved, 4 March 1723/4. In his will he mentions that his wife, Esther, might be expecting a child.  If it is the alleged Hannah, she would have been born after his death, which would set her birth at 1724.  In his will, Ebenezer only mentions the four children, John, Ebenezer, Abigail and Esther.  So I can probably safely conclude that if there was a daughter, Hannah, she would have been too young to marry Daniel Young in 1734.

So, still searching for Hannah, the wife of Daniel Young.

Ginny  

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society