American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS
Go

Discussion Board

Login
Edward C Borden
User Rank: Contributor

Created By:Donna Goodwin
Looking for parents of Edward C Borden, Monmouth Cty, N.J. Born abt 1825-27, married  Rebecca Smith 1856.
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:Robert M.

Have you looked at the old Borden Genealogies listed in the Society's Library catalog? While, a Borden could have emigrated directly to the Jerseys in the previous century, you've got to eliminate the obvious at some point, too. No obvious parental candidates around him in the 1850 census, for instance?

Let us know.

Best wishes.

Thank you for the reply I will check on that.  I did find his parents, via the NJ Archives.  They were listed on his death certificate.  The Bordens did migrate from RI to NJ.
User Rank: Beginner

Created By:lisa taisey
The Bordens as i recall may have been Shrewsbury residents.  I grew up there and my dear friend lives on Borden St in Shrewsbury.

Lisa,  I missed this message, sometimes I forget to look at what I posted.  If you like , my email is lddg@earthlink.net.  Do not want to loose our Monmouth Cty connection.  Donna

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
888-296-3447

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society