Member Center HomeAccounts and BillingRecords and SearchMy Profile
What is the best way to search the databases?
Can I use wildcards to search?
What is the fastest way to get to the databases I use most?
Contact our membership office at 1-888-296-3447.View our contact page for other contact information.
Click on "Popular Databases" on the homepage. The top 10 most used databases are listed; click on a database and you will be linked to the search page with the database filled-in for you.
Another quick way to access the databases you use the most is by utilizing the "Favorite Databases" on your AmericanAncestors.org profile.
On your profile page, you can select your favorite databases so that when you use the search page, checking the "Favorite(s) Only" box, will make your favorite databases appear in a quick use list. The Favorite Databases list can be used to create a subset of databases across categories for strategic searching.
1) To add a favorite database to your preferred list, navigate to your profile page by selecting your name, located on the top navigation bar on the website. Halfway down the profile page is the 'Favorite Databases' dropdown.
2) Select the arrow located on the dropdown menu to review the complete list of databases.
3) Select the database you would like to add.
4) Select the 'Add' button
5) The database name will now appear in the box below. You have now successfully added a database to your favorites list!
6) To utilize this time-saving feature, you can find the 'Favorite(s) only' select box located on the database search page.
7) Select the 'Favorite(s) only' checkbox to search only those pre-selected databases.