We again wish to emphasize that we can only present to you the "corrections" as they were written in the notebooks. We can not provide verification.
1. "Bowen, History of Woodstock, Conn.: Genealogies of W. Families; Vol. vii, p. 56:Nine lines from the bottom of the page; Henry Willard Bannister should be Henry Edward Bannister (1870 - 1930). He was my father." Lois Bannister Merk, 10 Village Hill Road, Belmont, Mass., March 5,1968.
2. "Dexter Family, G. M. Dimond, 1936:On first page notes Margaret Dexter married and brought her 'husband to Castle Rathaldron.' Re his name, Michael de Cusack, see: Journal of Preservation of Memorials of Dead in Ireland, Vol. 1904, 1905, 1906, p.125-126, County Moath. The castle, town and lands of Rathaldron were her marriage proportion. He was keeper of Westmeath and of Louth in 1553 and one of the Barons of Exchequer 1580, and died 1589. Their tombstone is at roadside at 'Navanstan near Navans beside road' with Latin inscription, their names, initials etc." Dated 5-9-1968. James U. Melvin, Brookline, Mass.
3. "Hull Families of America, 1913, by Wengant #624, page 81: Polly Burnham (1803-1873) who married Joseph Hull was a daughter of David (not Daniel) Burnham and his wife Margaret Van Deusen of Queensbury, Warren Co. N.Y. - (Will of David Burnham, 1850, Sur. court office, Warren Cty. N.Y.)."
4. "Lindsay Family, by Margaret Isabella Lindsay, 1889, page 136: Under Bristol, R.I. Lindsay's: I Samuel, b. Aug 8, 1697. Married to Keziah Joslin, Oct. 14, 1918 in Scituate, Mass (Not 'Situate, R.I.' as this book gives) Authority: Documented family record of Robert B. Leach, New Harbor, Me. and V.R. of Hanover and Scituate, Mass. June 4, 1968." Dated June 4, 1968. Edw. Munro, Box 63, Swansea, Mass., 02717.
(Ed. note: a card glued to the above page contains following information on this family):
"Lindsey, Samuel2 (son of John1 and Elizabeth (Munro) Lindsey; b. August 8, 1697; m. (int) Oct. 14, 1718; of Scituate, Mass. to Keziah Joslin, d. of Henry3 and Abigail (Stockbridge) Joslin, b. Dec. 17, 1695- she was a twin to Jemima Joslin. Children b. to Samuel and Keziah: Sarah b. Sept. 17, 1719. John b. Nov. 10, 1721. Mary b. Dec. 20, 1720. Samuel b. Feb. 29, 172_? Jemima b. ? (illegible)
E. Monro - corrected p. 136 - in Lindsey Family by M. I. Lindsay 1889 - appendix on Bristol, R.I. Lindsay's - This Joslin Family of Scituate and Stockbridge records are available through E. Munro or Robert B. Search of New Harbor, Me."
5. "Lunt Family, compiled by Thomas S. Lunt, page 164: Elmer H. Lunt m. Alice B. Ryder; This information from Mayflower Cem. Duxbury, Mass. She was my grandmother and I know of the spelling. She was born in Duxbury, Mass." Dated April 17, 1968. Alice Le Cain (Lunt), 4440 S.W. 33rd Drive, Hollywood, Florida.
6. "Tilden Family; Chapter xi; page 351: First line, (Hasted's Kent, England 'iv; 60') should be 'vii: 60'. Fourth line, 'Kennington, and Tilmanstone' should be: 'Kennington, Brenchly, and Tilmanston.' Eighth line: 'King Henry V's reign' should be: 'King Henry VI's reign."' Dated 4/25/68. Benjamin R. Tilden, Marion, Mass.
7. "The Upson Family, by Upton Fam. Assn. 1940, p. 232: Re: Nelson B. Stevens; should read He born Jan. 3, 1827, not She - typing error." Feb. 19, (no year), Helen S. Ullmann (g.granddaughter).