The Weekly Genealogist Survey
Last week's survey asked if you've found information on your ancestors as a result of two NEHGS initiatives: The Great Migration Study Project, which aims to treat all immigrants to New England from 1620 to 1640, and the Early New England Families Study Project, which focuses on individuals who immigrated in 1641 or later. 3,178 people answered the survey. More than one answer could be selected. The results are:
• 32%, I have found ancestors in The Great Migration Study Project.
• 9%, I have found ancestors in the Early New England Families Study Project.
• 28%, I have found ancestors in both projects.
• 20%, I haven't found ancestors in either project.
• 13%, I'm not sure if I have found ancestors in these projects.
• 11%, I don't have any ancestors who lived in New England in the 17th century.
This week's survey asks if you have Native American ancestry. Take the survey now