This Great Migration database, covering surnames beginning with T through Y, is the last of seven volumes in a series documenting the watershed years of 1634 and 1635. It traces families and individuals immigrating to New England during those two years – a time of rapid migration and settlement.
Each entry for a featured individual includes:
• Place of origin, if known
• Date and ship on which they arrived in New England, if known
• Earliest known record of the individual or family
• First residence and subsequent residences, when known
• Return trips to their country of origin, whether temporary or permanent
• Bibliographical information such as birth, death, marriage(s), children, and other important family relationships, church memberships, and civil and military offices held.
The full introduction to this volume is available for download as a pdf file. The introduction includes a description of the methodology used to create the sketches as well as thorough descriptions of the sources used.
This database provides an index to the sketches of 203 Great Migration individuals, and the 6,978 name references contained within those sketches. The images of the original book pages are available from the search results pages.
Our bookstore also offers hard copies of The Great Migration series and other related materials.
Search The Great Migration, Vol. 7, T-Y.