The Weekly Genealogist Survey
Last week's survey asked if you have submitted genealogical corrections to an author, a compiler, or a website. 4,048 people answered the survey. More than one answer could be selected. The results are:
• 26%, Yes, I have sent corrections to the author, editor, or publisher of a printed book or article.
• 61%, Yes, I have sent corrections to someone who submitted or published genealogical information online.
• 54%, Yes, I have noted corrections to transcribed records online.
• 14%, No, although I have seen errors in genealogical data, I have never submitted any corrections.
• 5%, No, I have never noticed any genealogical errors that needed correcting.
This week's survey asks about your familiarity with the practice of "double dating
." Take the survey now