Connecting Families, Advancing History
The Campaign for NEHGS
All contributions to NEHGS support our $55 million comprehensive capital campaign, Connecting Families. Advancing History. As of November 1, 2015, we have received 23,132 gifts totaling $56,771,090. This outpouring of generosity has enabled NEHGS to better serve its current and future members by advancing strategic initiatives.Give Now
- Website and Technology – Philanthropy is enabling unprecedented expansion of online content and a complete redesign of the online experience with industry-leading search capabilities.
- Capital Improvements and National Headquarters Expansion – To continually advance the care of and access to our unique collections and other resources, a critical set of initiatives are enabling NEHGS to make capital improvements to our historic building and to expand our footprint in Boston’s Back Bay.
- Annual Giving – Since the launch of the Connecting Families. Advancing History campaign, more than 20,000 gifts totaling $13 million have directly supported the NEHGS year-to-year operations. This generosity has expanded NEHGS resources and maintained membership dues at a minimum.
- Family History Fund – Supporting high quality published genealogies, this fund supports our award-winning publications, often published under the Newbury Street Press imprint.
- Planned Giving – The foundation of the stability of NEHGS, endowed funds generate current support as well as the assurance that we will be the lead caretakers of the histories of families in America for the centuries ahead.