Levels and Benefits
NEHGS members enjoy full access to all 1+ billion records on AmericanAncestors.org, quarterly delivery of the member magazine, American Ancestors, and our scholarly journal, The Register, discounts on research-for-hire, consultations and publications, free admission to our library including special collections and manuscripts, member-only online courses, and our weekly e-newsletter The Weekly Genealogist.
Basic Memberships (Individual & Family)
Basic level members enjoy full access to:
- All 1+ billion records on AmericanAncestors.org
- Quarterly delivery of the magazine American Ancestors and the flagship journal of American genealogy, The Register
- $20/hour discounts on research-for-hire and consultations
- Free admission to the NEHGS library and special collections
- The Weekly Genealogist e-newsletter
- 10% discount on books published by NEHGS (some restrictions and exclusions apply)
- Free access to the NEHGS Ask-a-Genealogist service
- Access to member-only online courses
Contributing Memberships (Friend, Associate, Supporter, Benefactor, and Patron)
Contributing memberships help support our important nonprofit mission to advance the study of family history in America and beyond by educating, inspiring, and connecting people through scholarship, collections, and expertise.
In addition to all of the benefits that come with a Family membership, Contributing members receive the following additional benefits:
- Complimentary consultation time with NEHGS experts
- Tax deductions
- Additional discounts on research-for-hire and consultations
- Priority registration for all education programs
- Advance NEHGS news from the President and CEO
- Exclusive invitations to special events
- 20% discount on books published by NEHGS (some restrictions and exclusions apply)
- See additional benefits under each level below!
Life Members (Life & Life Benefactor)
Life Members have been a central part of the NEHGS community since our founding. Life members are committed to pursuing their family history discovery for life and to sharing with their families. Learn More
Select Your Membership Level
Basic benefits for one individual
Basic benefits for up to three members of the same household.
$30 tax deductible
•Complimentary 15-minute consultation •$20/hour discount on research-for-hire •$30/hour discount for consultations
$130 tax deductible
•Complimentary 45-minute consultation •$20/hour discount on research-for-hire •$30/hour discount on consultations •Antique style gold member pin
$380 tax deductible
•Complimentary 1-hour consultation •$30/hour discount on research-for-hire •$30/hour discount on consultations •Antique style gold member pin
$630 tax deductible
•Complimentary 90-minute consultation •$30/hour discount on research-for-hire •$30/hour discount on consultations •Antique style gold member pin
$1,260 tax deductible
•Complimentary 2-hour consultation •$40/hour discount on research-for-hire •$40/hour discount on consultations •1 Family Gift Membership
$3,395 tax deductible
Must be 62 years of age to be eligible.
$4,415 tax deductible
Full benefits of Life Membership, but with no age restrictions.