American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS

Ask a Genealogist

RSS Feed

Ask a Genealogist: Where to conserve moldy papers?

 Permanent link

Question:  I recently inherited a lot of my Uncle’s family papers that have mold.  Can you recommend a place to contact near Maine?      

Answer: When documents are in a moldy condition, try not to separate them, as they may tear or get further damage.  Also, do not store near any documents that are free of mold.  I would suggest contacting the highly recommended Northeast Document Conservation Center -

They can be reached via the website above or by telephone: (978)470-1010.


Posted by Jean Maguire at 12/13/2012 10:46:03 PM | 

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society