American Ancestors New England Historic Genealogical Society - Founded 1845 N.E. Historic Genealogical Society Seal View Your Shopping Cart Join NEHGS

Ask a Genealogist

RSS Feed

Looking for records on a deceased Vietnam Veteran.

(Military Records) Permanent link
David Allen Lambert

David Allen Lambert
NEHGS Online Genealogist

Question: I am trying to locate records on my Uncle who was a memebr of the United States Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.  He only died om 2005, and I am one of his only next of kin.  Where would I locate his records?


Answer:  One place to try locally is the Adjutant General's Office for the State in which your uncle lived in when he got out of the service. They should have a copy of his honorable discharge, and related paperwork that will discuss his service.  For records from the U.S. Marine Corps for veterans who discharged or died after Jan. 1, 1999 you will want to write to: 


Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps

Personnel Management Support Branch


2008 Elliot Road

Quantico, VA 22134-5030

Posted by David Lambert at 05/05/2011 04:20:39 PM | 

New England Historic Genealogical Society
99 - 101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA

© 2010 - 2014 New England Historic Genealogical Society