The Weekly Genealogist Survey
Last week's survey asked if you had ancestors who were involved in the American Revolution. 4,788 people answered the survey. More than one answer could be selected. The results are:
• 86%,I have an ancestor who served as an officer or soldier for the American side.
• 2%, I am a direct descendant of a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
• 42%, I have an ancestor who supported the American side through patriotic activity (providing aid, serving as a government officer, etc.).
• 5%, I have French, French-Canadian, or ancestors of another nationality who supported the American side.
• 8%, I have an ancestor who served as an officer or soldier for the British side (including mercenary soldiers serving on the British side).
• 20%, I have an ancestor who was a Loyalist.
• 14%, I have ancestors who were involved on both sides of the conflict.
• 27%, I joined a lineage society based on my ancestor's involvement in the Revolutionary War (on either side).
• 9%, I am not aware of any ancestors who were involved in the Revolutionary War.
This week's survey asks if you have an ancestor who was a twin or a higher order multiple. Take the survey now